How to Import Materials
To import materials, first navigate to the Materials page. You'll find it by clicking the "Settings" tab on the left, and then going to the "Service" section.
On the Materials page, click the button at the top titled "Import Materials."
You'll then be prompted to choose a file for upload. Once you've made your selection, click "Upload File" and your new material(s) will be saved.
You'll know your materials were saved properly when you see the green header at the top of the screen saying "Material Saved."
Understanding the Materials Template
Attached is a sample materials import. It includes the minimum required data to create a material:
- Name - The unique name of the material. This is the field that is displayed throughout the app. It should be unique in the system.
- Unit Cost - The cost charged to your customers for the material (prior to any markup)
- Active - TRUE/FALSE - used to deactivate materials (no delete)
Additional optional fields in the import are:
- ID - only used to update existing material
- Manufacturer - The manufacturer of the material
- Model Number
- Type - Material Type. Only imported if a match is found in material types. Material types should be added first.
- Description - Additional information about the material
- Part Number
- Markup - Two fields can be used to increase/decrease the cost to the customer. These can also be updated. Only one of these should be used at a time.
- Markup Percent
- Markup Fixed
- Taxable - Yes/No. This whether the material is taxable or not
- List Price - This is your list price from your distributor, only needed if its useful to you.