Inspect Point offers an integration with Brycer’s The Compliance Engine (TCE), streamlining report submission and saving you time. Here’s how to use our integration.
Connecting to TCE
Click The Compliance Integration link in the Integrations section of your settings page:
- This opens a page where you’ll be able to set-up the connection now, and in the future, check the status of the integration:
- Click “Setup Connection.” You’ll be directed to log-in to TCE and then returned to this page. IMPORTANT: The user credentials used to log-in/connect must have access to ALL premises in TCE.
- Once you log-in, you will be returned to your TCE Settings Page in Inspect Point. You can reference this page to check your connection status. (Note, TCE integration uses a OAUTh based token. It refreshes the token regularly and users should not have to refresh the session, but it allows you to refresh it if needed.)
Linking a Building to a Premise
Now that you’re connected, your next step is to link an Inspect Point to a building:
- Navigate to the building you intend to link. In the TCE Status section, click Link TCE Premise.
- A window will appear, in which you can search various fields to find the TCE premise:
- Under Actions, click “Link” to link your Inspect Point building to the equivalent TCE premise. You can unlink at any point if needed. Now, any report on an inspection associated with this linked building can be sent to TCE.
Submitting Reports to TCE
- Navigate to the inspection you’re working on.
- First, generate the inspection report within Inspect Point that you’d like to send. NOTE: This is a necessary first step; reports cannot be sent to TCE until they are generated in Inspect Point.
- In the action bar, click Compliance, then push to TCE.
- This will open a window where you’ll need to take several steps prior to submission.
- Link the Inspect Point technician to the TCE inspector. This only needs to be done once. You can also link technicians on their profile page; see instructions later in this article. Click “Next.”
- Then select the system type. This list will populate from TCE. Inspect Point will make a suggestion, which you can edit as needed. You will also need to select from one of your TCE report templates. Finally, the service date will pre-populate from the inspection date but can also be edited if needed. Click “Next.”
- Press “Done” on Step 3. After a few moments, you will see the inspection detail page update to reflect your submission.
On the Inspection Detail screen, scroll to find the “Compliance Submissions” section. This provides a reference of previous submissions: the date/time, status and TCE report ID. “Message” will display any error messages or issues on the TCE side.
You can also reference the “Inspection Attachments” section for a receipt (downloadable PDF) confirming the submission to TCE.
As described above, you can link technicians to TCE inspectors when submitting a report. This only needs to be done one time. If you’d like to link techs prior to submitting, you can go to Settings -> User Management section -> Technicians and navigate to their profile.
There is a TCE section where you can link them to a TCE inspector, and unlink if needed.